Saturday, June 15, 2013

John Barlow's new book - Father and Son

Early last year I reviewed the first book in John Barlow's series of thrillers about John Ray. My review of Hope Road is here. I loved Hope Road even though it was a little more hardboiled than my usual mystery reading. John Ray is an intriguing character. The son of a notorious Leeds crime figure, John goes to university, becomes an accountant & goes off to live in Spain. However, John isn't able to completely leave behind his family's criminal connections as we discovered in that first book. Hope Road was a fast-paced rollercoaster of a book & I was pleased to know that John Barlow was planning a series.

This week, John contacted me to ask if I would like to review the second John Ray novel, Father and Son. Of course, I said yes, please, & it's sitting on my Kindle right now & I'll be starting to read it very soon.

You'll find more information about John Barlow on his website. Father and Son is available as an e-book from Amazon only at the moment but John will send anyone an ePub copy if they forward him a purchase confirmation email from Amazon. Amazon are happy with this compromise so if you're interested, contact John through his website.

No comments:

Post a Comment